Breakthrough Special Needs/ Struggling Learners Program
Brought to you by…
Special Needs/ Struggling Learners require unique attention and assistance. At True North Academy, we are excited to be partnering with The Thinking and Learning Center and SPED Homeschool to help support all of our students!
Reading & Phonics through Spelling takes five essential components of reading
- Phonemic awareness
- Reading comprehension
and systematically teaches students using a discovery and sound-based approach to phonics instruction.
Each week students will discover spelling patterns for different sounds.
Homework is completed weekly using A Reason For Spelling workbooks; utilizing proven methods for students with dyslexia and other reading difficulties.
- Level 1 is offered for students using A Reason For Spelling Level Cand Level D
- Level 2 is offered for students using A Reason For Spelling Level Eand Level F
To determine what level your child is performing at please utilize the placement tests for A Reason For Spelling :
- Build and strengthen number sense
- Build math fluency
- Build math vocabulary
- Build problem-solving strategies.
Who Will Benefit from Math Games?
- Students who need to master basic number sense
- Students who do not remember the steps or in problem-solving
- Students who need to build their procedural understandings of math
- Students who have trouble with math facts
Math Games Level 1 – Basic Operations – offers addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and how to learn math facts fast.
Math Games Level 2 – Math involving fractions, decimals, percent, and review of multiplication facts.
This process highlights how cognitive processes are used, under-utilized or chaotically-processed.
For more information on Struggling Learners, and about what you can do at home, check out SPED Homeschool.
Need help with writing an IEP or 504 Plan for your child? Check out these articles below!