As far as the east is from the west… Physics begins with the difference between distance and displacement, and connects to how displacement of sin is the same for all, but God’s forgiveness covers all that distance. Then it continues with gravity and motion connecting gossip that may be in motion, and forces that may be needed to stop it. Continuing with forced, we follow the Israelite’s through the wilderness, pondering the forces needed to move water and drive out ‘ites’. It touches on torque, and relates it to broken relationships that may need the right force in the right direction, in order to bring healing. Then it returns to the wilderness with vectors and direction, and wandering, and being lost if off by even 1 degree. Static equilibrium and tension is connected to the tension that may be needed to keep us still and at peace in the palm of His hand. We connect the journeys of Paul and Peter to power, work, and momentum, and how the longer time spent with someone/something the greater the influence/velocity it has. Optics, and how an image is either magnified, reduced, virtual, or real is connected to our being made in the image of God.
Required Text: Exploring Creation with Physics, 2nd Edition (Wile)
SAT/ACT Math Test Prep is an essential tool or success!
The SAT/ACT Math Test Prep can take your student from nervous wreck to confident test buster! Our course we will divide our time between in-depth individual topic studies, sample tests, and review of the sample tests. Weeks 1-8 we will spend the 1st 30 minutes taking a sample test, and the last hour reviewing the test. The last 2 weeks we will take one full-length test, and then review it in week 10.
- Week 1 Sample test – non-calculator, 20 questions
- Week 2 Sample test – calculator, 19 questions
- Week 3 Sample test – calculator, 19 questions
- Week 4 Sample test – non-calculator, 20 questions
- Week 5 Sample test – calculator, 19 questions
- Week 6 Sample test – calculator, 19 questions
- Week 7 Sample test – non-calculator, 20 questions
- Week 8 Sample test – calculator, 19 questions
- Week 9 Full Sample test – 30 min non-calculator, 60 min calculator
- Week 10 Review Full Sample test
The SAT/ACT Math section consists of 2 parts – a calculator section, and a no calculator section. Our SAT/ACT MathTest Prep course will prepare your student for both sections.
- The 25 min non-calculator section is composed of 20 questions – 15 of which are multiple choice and 5 grid in.
- The 55 min calculator section is composed of 38 questions – 30 of which are multiple choice and 8 grid in.
- 90% of the test consists of topics such as algebra, problem solving, and data analysis.
- 10% consists of geometry, basic trigonometry, and complex numbers.
2020 ACT Test Dates: 2/8, 4/4, 6/13, 7/18
A 1-point difference on the ACT or SAT can mean the difference between debt or a fantastic scholarship! Test Prep will ensure your child’s success!