Mediocrity is natural; be BRAVE, strive for EXCELLENCE!
Each year True North offers home educators a variety of courses for students in K-1. These classes are taught by experienced teachers. Classes include hands-on projects, interaction with other students in the classes, and access to each teacher for questions, grades, and follow-up.
Below is general information about the types of classes offered each year. You can click to learn more about each category. Please get in touch if we can answer any questions for you.
- Debate: provides instruction and experience in preparation and delivery of debates:
Lincoln-Douglas, Policy or Parliamentary Debate. This class also prepares students to compete in STOA events if they chose to do so.
- Speech Club: instruction and experience in preparation and delivery of speeches within a public setting. Emphasis on research, preparation, delivery as well as preparation for STOA Competitions.
- Spanish for Children: introduction to Spanish grammar, reading, and dialogue. Students will learn grammatical concepts such as verb conjugations, noun genders and tenses. Having a great grammatical foundation will allow them to create Spanish sentences properly and give them the confidence to converse with others.
- Classical Memory & More with Claritas: community and support for the Claritas Curriculum,
classical homeschooling, and dedicated memory work. This is a fast-paced 14-week program, covering all 28 chapters; perfect for students who are quick at memory work and need a further challenge, or those who plan to go over Cycle 1 or Ancient History.
K-12 Core Classes
- History & Geography
- Environmental Sciences
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Language Arts – Literature & Composition for integrated learning.
- Foreign Language Learning K-12
- Classical Memory – Cycles 1-4 (Elementary) includes all subject areas for integrated learning and reinforcement.
Register now, or keep scrolling to learn more about the other courses we offer.
Full-year classes through True North Homeschool Academy have enough coursework for you to give your homeschool high school student one full High School credit.
If history repeats itself, I am so getting a dinosaur!
History & Geography for K-12
Social Studies from a Christian perspective including, History, Geography, and Civics: click below to see detailed course descriptions.
Reading and writing are essential to your student’s success! We use the classics to delve deeply into literary analysis and to compose elevated essays.
Literature & Composition are offered for all levels in both a structured full-year class with teacher-assigned grades and writing clubs for students who want to take their writing further.
Learn more about our Language Arts Program
❝Language is the road map of a culture.❞ ~Rita Mae Brown
Classes are designed for students aged 12-99.
Adult learners are encouraged to join these interactive and dynamic courses.
A variety of language learning classes are offered each year. Students have the opportunity to practice conversational skills at all levels in these live classes meeting weekly during the school year.
Check below for details of the language course offered.
You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. ~Jack London
For students of all ages, 1/2+ Credit
Clubs meet bi-monthly for 90 minutes for live online discussion (using Zoom); designed to be 1/2 credit, teachers are available to offer assistance to make them a full credit if desired. These are highly interactive, discussion based courses designed to build skills and community.
We partner with co-ops, class days and day schools to provide live on-line classes with quality, experienced instructors. Call or email today to discuss special pricing and packages!