Mediocrity is natural; be BRAVE, strive for EXCELLENCE!
Online Classes – Spring Semester
K-12 Spring Semester Electives
- Debate: provides instruction and experience in preparation and delivery of debates:
Lincoln-Douglas, Policy or Parliamentary Debate. This class also prepares students to compete in STOA events if they chose to do so.
- Speech Club: instruction and experience in preparation and delivery of speeches within a public setting. Emphasis on research, preparation, delivery as well as preparation for STOA Competitions.
- Spanish for Children: introduction to Spanish grammar, reading, and dialogue. Students will learn grammatical concepts such as verb conjugations, noun genders and tenses. Having a great grammatical foundation will allow them to create Spanish sentences properly and give them the confidence to converse with others.
- Classical Memory & More with Claritas: community and support for the Claritas Curriculum,
classical homeschooling, and dedicated memory work. This is a fast-paced 14-week program, covering all 28 chapters; perfect for students who are quick at memory work and need a further challenge, or those who plan to go over Cycle 1 or Ancient History.
K-12 Spring Semester Core Classes
- Civics, Understanding the U.S. Constitution: students gain a brief but thorough introduction to the background, text/structure, and development of the U.S. Constitution.
- Environmental Science – CLEP Prep: introduces students to the study of Environmental Science. This is an engaging course, often offered in both high school and as a college general education course. As a high school credit, it can be considered Science or elective credit.
Register now for Spring 2020
Full-year classes through True North Homeschool Academy have enough coursework for you to give your homeschool high school student one full High School credit.
If history repeats itself, I am so getting a dinosaur!
Spring Semester History
Civics: Constitutional Studies: click below to see detailed course descriptions.
Reading and writing are essential to your student’s success! We use the classics to delve deeply into literary analysis and to compose elevated essays.
Literature & Composition for Junior High is an introductory course.
Advanced Literary Analysis combines both American and British Literature, as well as college composition. This is a CLEP prep course.
Literature & Composition (7th-10th Grade): a fun, dynamic introduction to basic persuasive essay writing.
Advanced Literary Analysis & Composition (11th – 12th Grade): high school students will put literary analysis skills into practice as they study and write about the classic works studied in this course.
❝Language is the road map of a culture.❞ ~Rita Mae Brown
Classes are designed for students aged 12-99.
Adult learners are encouraged to join these interactive and dynamic courses.
Hebrew 1 – Biblical Hebrew
Hebrew Course Bundle
American Sign Language
Hebrew History • Culture Conversation
“Mathematics is the language by which God has written the universe.” ~ Galileo Galilei
Science & Technology
“Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.” ~ Carl Sagn
Opportunities don’t happen, you create them. ~Chris Grosser
For students ages 10-99, worth 1/2 High-School Credit
Career Exploration and Elective courses are professionally pre-recorded pod-casts, and worth 1/2 Credit, contain 8 units and are interesting, project-based, hands on-learning that will allow your students to explore and discover various career fields and electives. Can be done at student’s own pace so you can schedule as you see fit; block, loop, semester, full year. Buy the bundle and SAVE!
You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. ~Jack London
For students of all ages, 1/2+ Credit
Clubs meet bi-monthly for 90 minutes for live online discussion (using Zoom); designed to be 1/2 credit, teachers are available to offer assistance to make them a full credit if desired. These are highly interactive, discussion based courses designed to build skills and community.
We partner with co-ops, class days and day schools to provide live on-line classes with quality, experienced instructors. Call or email today to discuss special pricing and packages!