True North Homeschool Academy Honor Society
True North Homeschool Academy is excited to be launching our Honor Society fall 2021. We are a chapter of Eta Sigma Alpha, the first homeschool honor society to be established here in the US. We are also their first fully online chapter.
The TNHA Honor Society is based on 4 Pillars:
- Scholarship (Maintain a 3.5 GPA)
- Service- Voluntary contributions made to the school or community without compensation
- Leadership- Students leaders are creative collaborators who communicate well and are great problem solvers. Leadership experiences can be drawn from the school or community activities while working for or with others.
- Character -The student of good character is cooperative and reliable; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and maintains a high standard of personal integrity and discipline.
- Currently enrolled as a True North Homeschool Academy Student with 2+ classes. (Graduating seniors should have taken a minimum of 3 credits worth of approved courses at the high school level with TNHA Classes)
- 3.5 GPA
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (1 from a TNHA Teacher)
- Attend Monthly TNHA Honor Society Meetings
- Actively participate in TNHA Honor Society Yearly Service Project
- Fill out Application (see below) – Application closes September 30, 2022
- Receive approval letter
- Pay membership fees for each club ($75 first year; $60 subsequent years)
- Join and participate in the honor society community
- Acknowledgment of your hard work at a virtual Induction Ceremony/Reception hosted by the sponsor
- A certificate of membership
- An honor society t-shirt
- A cohort of other Leadership/ Service-minded individuals to learn, lead and serve alongside.
Judeo-Christian Principals: we are people of the book. Courses and teachers are Word driven and Word inspired. We are committed to these values.
Our team consists of experienced educators dedicated to bringing quality academics and their passion for the subject to each class.
Our quality online homeschool classes utilize current educational trends, while at the same time adhering to time tested academic pedagogy.
We believe that education is the transmission of culture. Our vision for our online homeschool classes includes course material and master teachers that reflect that vision.
Education is serious business, but there is joy to be found in conquering difficult tasks. Our goal is to assist each student in reaching their potential while nurturing a love of learning.
Ministry and military families are eligible to apply for a discount to our classes. Call or email for more information. A portion of all sales from this website goes to the ministry of Blessing Bethlehem.