Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes
Pancakes; Christmas Peppermint Party!
Do you have a house full of hungry home-schoolers? These pancakes are easy enough to whip up a batch or two on a cold winter morning and fill those hungry tummies with whole wheat goodness. Your littles will love making them with you- pounding up the peppermint and sprinkling them on top of the pancakes. Your middle and older kids can learn to make them on their own. These pancakes are simple to make but special enough for Christmas and your other favorite holidays! If you’re gluten free, just substitute the whole wheat and white flour with your favorite gf flour.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Either 2tsp Peppermint extract or
- ¼ cup ground, dried peppermint
- Candy canes, crushed
- (make your pancakes gluten free by substituting your favorite gf flour)
Directions for Perfect Pancakes
- Mix dry
- Add wet
- Butter griddle, and scoop ¼ cup batter for each pancake
- Sprinkle peppermint on top, or mix it in.
- Drizzle with your favorite syrup, fruit and whipped cream for a beautiful and delicious breakfast!
- Your Christmas Peppermint Pancake Party is about to begin. Set a fancy table with fine Christmas china or eat in front of the Christmas tree; pajamas and pancakes are a winning combo on Christmas, or any holiday morning!