Elementary Math – Level One
Elementary Math Level One: Addition and Subtraction, will focus on developing number sense & mastering Math facts. This Elementary Math class focuses on mastery, not memorization, to teach kids to develop a strong number sense and to confidently and quickly add and subtract.
Developing Number Sense Part 1 focuses on addition and subtraction.
It is built around video lessons with a large resource bank of printable games, activities, worksheets, templates, and practice pages, as well as built-in links to online, self-grading quizzes. A pacing guide is also included to get students through the course in 15-30 minute increments with built-in daily review.
For any students who need help “retrofitting” their Math foundation (filling in gaps and building out a strong understanding of how numbers work)
The complete course includes everything; the different sets of video lessons provide easy differentiation for early learners and older students and is designed to help kids develop a strong foundation in the fundamental Math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division from PreK through 3rd-grade level Math skills. These courses don’t cover the other strands of Math such as time, money, measurement, etc.; as such they are best used as a “turbo boost supplement” package, not a complete 5 year-long curriculum.
While the entire thing is hands-on for students, it is designed to be as hands-free for parents as possible. All lessons are taught through video, all skills are clearly laid out in a skills checklist that accompanies the course and assessed through frequent quizzes, and a wide variety of interactive activities help kids learn concepts in a solid way.
Since this course focuses in on the fundamental core of Mathematics across multiple grade levels (number sense, composing and decomposing numbers, all four basic operations, critical thinking skills used to solve problems), it could be used alongside any Math curriculum to deepen a child’s confidence in Math and provide plenty of fun, hands-on activities to make Math enjoyable :).
You can see a short video description of this course here.
Elementary Math – Level One Course Goals
- Focus on mastery and deep understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division
- Lay a strong foundation for all future Math skills
- Help kids enjoy learning Math and gain confidence in their skills
- Suggested Grades: K-6
- Self-paced course
- Live office hours for help with anything from Level 1 meets Thursdays, 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. CST
- Live office hours for help with anything from Level 2 meets Thursdays, 1:15 – 2:00 p.m. CST
- 30 Weeks of office hours for live interaction with the teacher
- Live & Interactive Zoom Office Hours
- Course access will be provided at the beginning of the 1st semester in 2021
- Optional extras:
- Ten frames (or use printable option teacher will provide)