Elementary Math – Level Two – Multiplication & Division will focus on developing number sense & mastering facts. This Elementary Math class focuses on mastery, not memorization, to teach kids to develop a strong number sense and to confidently and quickly multiply and divide.
- For any students who need help “retrofitting” their Math foundation (filling in gaps and building out a strong understanding of how numbers work) Level 2 also includes a condensed, faster-paced version of Level One with all new video lessons appropriate for older kids, then dives deep into multiplication and division, with many more videos, activities, games, note-taking pages, mini-books, and quizzes. Level 2 uses an abacus with the same ten frame strategies taught in Part 1.The complete course includes everything; the different sets of video lessons provide easy differentiation for early learners and older students.
This course series is designed by a Math teacher to help kids develop a strong foundation in the fundamental Math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division from PreK through 3rd grade level Math skills. These courses don’t cover the other strands of Math such as time, money, measurement, etc.; as such they are best used as a “turbo boost supplement” package, not a complete 5 year-long curriculum.
While the entire thing is hands-on for students, it is designed to be as hands-free for parents as possible. All lessons are taught through video, all skills are clearly laid out in a skills checklist that accompanies the course and assessed through frequent quizzes, and a wide variety of interactive activities help kids learn concepts in a solid way.
Since this course focuses in on the fundamental core of Mathematics across multiple grade levels (number sense, composing and decomposing numbers, all four basic operations, critical thinking skills used to solve problems), it could be used alongside any Math curriculum to deepen a child’s confidence in Math and provide plenty of fun, hands-on activities to make Math enjoyable.
You can see a short video description of this course here.
Course Goals for Elementary Math – Level Two
- Focus on mastery and deep understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division
- Lay a strong foundation for all future Math skills
- Help kids enjoy learning Math and gain confidence in their skills
- Suggested Grades for Elementary Math – Level Two: K- 8
- Self-paced course
- Live office hours for help with anything from Level 1 meets Thursdays, 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. CST
- Live office hours for help with anything from Level 2 meets Thursdays, 1:15 – 2:00 p.m. CST
- 30 Weeks of office hours for live interaction with the teacher
- Live & Interactive Zoom Office Hours
- Course access will be provided at the beginning of the 1st semester in 2021
- Optional extras:
- Ten frames (or use printable option teacher will provide)