Elementary Math Level Two – Multiplication & Division will focus on developing number sense & mastering facts. This Elementary Math class focuses on mastery, not memorization, to teach kids to develop a strong number sense and to confidently and quickly multiply and divide.
Hands-on & Visual Learning
Rather than making use of worksheets for practice and diagrams for explanations we will go above and beyond the traditional page with interactive, differentiated, live lessons, manipulatives, hands-on activities, games, and the consistent, focused use of a single visual representation that builds an intuitive number sense that applies to everything from basic counting up through long division, and beyond.
Students will become confident learners who understand Math deeply enough to explain their thought process, extend their knowledge to new situations, and enjoy the learning process! We will use ten frames to create a framework for mental math, and help children gain critical thinking skills, empowering them to explain their thought process clearly as they work through larger Math problems.
This class will meet the needs of beginning learners and give them a “turbo boost” into Math. The course will also help older kids who have been learning Math but don’t yet feel confident in their ability to easily multiply and divide large numbers, or who have not yet learned or are struggling with concepts.
Level Two will help kids develop number sense and learn to multiply and divide through strategic and engaging instruction and activities. (also see Level One – Addition & Subtraction) This class will include a condensed, faster-paced version of Level One then dive deep into multiplication and division.
- Focus on mastery and deep understanding of multiplication & division
- Lay a strong foundation for all future Math skills
- Help kids enjoy learning Math and gain confidence in their skills
- Suggested Grades: 3-6
- Meets Tuesdays, 12:30-1:30 p.m. CST
- 30 Weeks of Classes
- Live & Interactive Zoom Class Meetings
- Assignments & Grades through Google Classroom
- Optional ten frames (or use printable option teacher will provide)
- The abacus or rekenrek are also optional but will be used heavily in classes. You may want to purchase one of these recommended manipulatives HERE or HERE.
- Student workbook (link coming soon)
Get a Free e-book when you order this class NOW (until August 12th)! Math for Fun activities: Math Art by Sandra Balisky.