Geography – To Distant Lands
Set your course for adventure! This compelling world geography class for middle & high schoolers will take them on journeys to exciting places to explore and learn.
Using virtual field trips, students will be transported to museums, exhibits, zoos and historical landmarks all over the world. Each week there will be an opportunity to explore and learn about a variety of topics from some of the most famous museums & exhibits in the world. Students will complete a variety of projects such as virtual scavenger hunts, “guided” tours, and independent exploration and summary reports.
Each class will be filled with unique opportunities to discover and explore geography and history.
ALL FIELD TRIPS WILL BE VIRTUAL LEARNING BASED and will include:
- The British Museum, in London, England
- The Louvre, in Paris, France
- The Air & Space Museum, Washington D.C.
- The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Griffith Park in Los Angeles, CA
- The San Diego Zoo, in California
- Easter Island
- The Great Wall of China
- The Uffizi in Florence, Italy
- The Acropolis, in Greece
- Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming
- Museum of Natural History, Washington, D.C.
This half-credit Geography course is perfect for 7th-12th graders, non-traditional learners and those who can’t get enough of learning about the amazing world that we live in!