New Testament Survey
This junior-high level course will assist the students in seeing the content, unity, and progression of the New Testament Scriptures. The goal is to see the logical connection between the stories, sermons, and letters that can sometimes seem to have little relation to one another as the authors seek to unveil and explain the unifying theme of the NT: The New Covenant.
Students will work through Starr Meade’s The Most Important Thing You Will Ever Study Volume III and IV as a companion guide to reading the NT over the course of the year. By the end of the year students will have:
- Memorized key verse sections
- Memorized a timeline chant from 400 years of silence to Revelation
- Memorized the key word, key chapter(s) and verse(s), key character(s), theme, important geographic locations, and special word meanings
- Drawn and labeled key maps
- Studied important art works
- Written short biographies of key characters – a “Who’s Who?” of the NT
- Written a basic outline for each book
- Discussed the NT’s place in the history of the ancient near east and the world
And much more!