Spanish Level C – for Elementary Level students
This class gives students a clear introduction to Spanish grammar, reading, and dialogue. Upper elementary students will enjoy learning this Romance language through chanting, writing and engaging conversations.
Students will learn grammatical concepts such as verb conjugations, noun genders and tenses. Having a great grammatical foundation will allow them to create Spanish sentences properly and give students the confidence to converse with others.
This once a week class will cover the first 5 units of the text. This ensures students will have the time to master the material. Students will meet once a week for 60 minutes. During this time they will learn the new lesson and practice their vocabulary and dialogue with the teacher and their peers.
This course is created with the independent student in mind. Since the class meets once a week students will be required to work independently on memorization, learning chants and completing the workbook.
(Parents will need to oversee homework as well as administer quizzes.)
Supplies & Curriculum needed for class:
- Spanish for Children Primer – B Textbook
- Risas y Sonrisas app
- Spanish for Children Primer B – CD or Download
- 200 Index Cards and Box: index cards cut in half for vocabulary and whole cards for verb conjugations
- Spiral Notebook
- Small dry erase board and marker
- The teacher will provide videos, songs and other study helps like Quizlet for homework.