Summer Bootcamp: Latin I Review is ideal for Latin students who plan to continue with the study of Latin or want to solidify what they’ve already learned. The goal of this summer review class (boot camp) is to prepare students to successfully transition to the next level of Latin. To do this, we will review what they learned in Latin I to shore up their skills by focusing on 5 noun declensions, The 6 indicative active verb tenses of the first 2 conjugations, 1st-2nd declension adjectives, and vocabulary words.
“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.”
“I will either find a way or make one,”
This is a great class who have used a program and are looking to switch to True North Homeschool Academy classes or the Forms Latin program.
Why study Latin? Latin study is a great way to build students’ English grammar ability, vocabulary, critical thinking skills and probably raise their SAT/ACT Test scores to boot!
- Week 1: The 5 Declensions
- Week 2: The 1st-2nd Declension Adjectives
- Week 3: Verbs – The Four Principal Parts
- Week 4: Verbs – The Indicative Active Present System
- Week 5: Verbs – The Indicative Active Perfect System
- Week 6: Cumulative Review
Pre-Requisites: Latin I
- First Form Latin Student Text
- First Form Latin Student Workbook
- First Form Latin Pronunciation CD
- First Form Latin Flashcards
- First Form Latin DVDs
Pair this course with The Space Trilogy, Math with Chemistry, or The Divine Comedy for a robust summer session of learning! Check out Fr. Wesley Walker’s full-year classes: Latin II, Latin III, and Latin IV, along with Informal Logic, Formal Logic, and The Four Gospels.