Creating a Christmas Shopping Budget
At True North Homeschool Academy, we are proponents of teaching teens how to budget while they are still at home.
A fun and easy way to introduce the life skill of budgeting with your kiddos is to allow them a specific amount to do their Christmas shopping with and then have them create a budget with the money.
It’s not a difficult task and can be quite fun. In fact, my teens love budgets because it permits them to spend money, and hopefully, your teen will feel the same way!
So, get the Christmas budget download worksheet, and let’s get started.
Super Simple Christmas Budgeting
- Have them go down the name category listing friends, family, and mentors for whom they want to buy gifts.
- Next, real quick, have them jot down any particular ideas they have for gift ideas. If they aren’t sure, have them leave it blank.
- Now, have your teen write at the top of the money section their TOTAL amount of money they have to spend.
- Talk through cost for different items they definitely want to purchase. They may also want to brainstorm, creating some of their gifts.
- And finally – once all the money is spent on paper, encourage your teen to take the budget with them and have fun Christmas shopping!
Christmas budget lesson – DONE!
We hope you love the FREE Christmas Budget worksheet. We have included a bonus Christmas Wishlist worksheet as an early holiday gift to you all!
If you are planning your Christmas homeschool lessons and celebrations now you may also want to take a look at other helpful articles like our Holiday Book Ideas, and Unique Gifts for Tweens & Teens, creating Holiday Traditions, and Celebrating Christmas!
The True North Homeschool team is wishing you a sweet Christmas season, sweet homeschool families!