What are you Christmas Traditions? When I was little my Mom would pop a big bowl of popcorn and open a bag of whole, fresh cranberries. She would thread heavy needles and we would string popcorn and cranberry garlands. We’d carefully swag them around the Christmas tree and then load the tree with tinsel. Over the weeks of the season, the tinsel would fall on the floor and clog the vacuum drum, the popcorn would be nibbled at by my sisters and I and the cranberries would dry up and become raisin sized. But all of that just added to the charm of the season. We’d have advent, a large round plywood circle, decorated with appropriately colored candles -white and purple and greenery and read from the Bible each Sunday in Advent. We’d go to Midnight Candle-light services on Christmas Eve, dressed up and cold, shivering in the dark, and leave church filled with music and the light of hundreds of little candles. What warm and happy memories, these Christmas Traditions have provided!
If you don’t have your own warm and happy holiday and Christmas Traditions, it’s time to make some! Below are some links to get you started!
- Fun holiday Links from SimpleMom
- How to Hang a Wreath :: Nesting Place
- The Most Wonderful Christmas Garland Ever :: also Nesting Place
- Simple Holiday Decorating :: Blissfully Domestic
- Reinventing What You Have for Seasonal Decorating :: HomeGoods (written by Melissa of The Inspired Room)
- 5 Minute Holiday Decorating Ideas :: Real Simple
- Holiday Curb Appeal :: Cottage Living
- 1-Day Christmas Makeover :: Better Homes and Gardens
- How to Make a 3D Paper Snowflake :: Persipacious
- Paper Snowflakes :: Instructables
- All Christmas :: Flickr
- Christmas Project archives :: ReadyMade
- Mammoth List of Festive Tutorials :: Whip Up
While your creating Christmas Traditions with your family, don’t forget to plan for spring classes! We offer live on-line classes, pre-recorded Career Exploration and Electives, a Struggling Learners program, Academic Advising, Community and more! We would love to work with you to create a tradition of Academic excellence and success!